Magical Fireflies

The last two nights of our vacation included the magical arrival of Fireflies!!!  The last time I saw fireflies was 11 years ago at our wedding and honeymoon in Tennessee.  The kids had only heard of them in stories, so seeing them was truly magic.

Uncle Mike teaching Gracie how to catch the fireflies.


Magic

TT, Gracie and I just sat and watched them.  There were so many fireflies that it was like watching a fireworks show in the backyard.

Mikey's Dad asked Gracie tonight why she wasn't getting bit by the mosquitos when she was out hunting for fireflies.  She said, "Oh, well I just tell them that I'm from the desert and they don't bite me."  He then asked her why the fireflies lit up.  She replied, "because they've been sprinkled with fairy dust."

Comments

Popular Posts