Life is Good enjoy the Little Things

We spent the morning eating Dunkin Donut's (Mikey got them for us) and watching the baby birds in the nest outside of my sisters window as their Mama fed them. Each time the babies would pop their heads out of the nest the kids would get soooo excited.  

Today was our shopping and packing day. TT had a few things that she needed to pick up for the week, so the kids and I joined her this moring while she ran errands.  

Gracie and Milly ready to go shopping!

This afternoon Mikey offered to watch the kids for us while Shannon took me to her favorite store, MainStreet in Huntington. Shannon and I love boutiques (we get our fetish for boutiqes from our Mom), and this may now be my favorite store too!

My sister bought this pillow for me. I love it. 
The saying means so much to me because I really do try to appreciate the little things... espcially my little girl and little boy. Thank you Sister, it's already on my bed.

I also purchased a frame for myself at the store. I love it too...
That's Nate in my big pregnant belly and Gracie just before she turned three!

It says.....
Before you were conceived 
I wanted you.
Before you were born
I loved you!

It was a gift to spend time alone with Shannon even if for just a little while. We giggled, had uninterrupted conversation (for the first time in 2 weeks) and dreamed of a future trip to the spa together.

I love you Shannon. Let's set the date soon for when we will see each other again ~ having a date makes the time go by faster.

Mikey and Gracie cuddle and share popcorn together one last time before we leave in the morning.

When we arrived back home the kids were happy.  Mikey had taken them to buy ice cream from the ice cream man when his truck came through the neighborhood. We don't have Ice Cream Trucks in our neighborhood so this was a big deal.  

Comments

Shannon said…
That pillow has a lot of meaning...us watching the baby birds, watching your babies play and have fun in NY and then the two of us, B.S. and L.S. I do love the little things. I love you!!

Popular Posts