Jones Beach

My sister played hookey today and we spent the day playing in the beautiful Atlantic Ocean.  Jones Beach was beautiful, the weather was perfect and I am grateful for the time giggling with my little sister on the beach.


One of my favorite moments of the day was when the mother of these two children came over to speak with me about how nice our kids were playing together.  She had a very strong Long Island accent, and before she left asked where I was from.  When I told her that we were visiting from Arizona, she said "I could tell you weren't from around here because of YOUR accent!"


Gracie stood for the longest time and just stared quietly out at the sea... I wish that I could have read her mind... I wonder if she was thinking about her Daddy, the beach is his special place.



Gracie's bikini top snap broke a little while after we arrived at the beach.  Gracie didn't care... she just went Euro topless style for the rest of the day.


The water was cold, but the kids didn't mind.

Our little Baywatch Babe.


The day ended with two very tired sisters, cupcakes from Cupcake Gourmet (TT's favorite Long Island cupcake shop), and my new favorite Stromboli from Iavorone Bros.

Comments

Popular Posts