Snapshots of a Kindergarten Lunch

Once a week Nate and I join Gracie for lunch in her school cafeteria.  It's been a really great way for us to get to know Gracie's classmates better, and Nathan loves all of the attention the kids give him.  You never know what's going to happen or what the kids will say

Jacob (our neighbor and Gracie's classmate), Nate and Gracie


We never get much to eat, but it's always an adventure...

Here's a breakdown of this days lunchtime events:

We got off to a not so great start, as soon as we walked into the cafeteria, Nate smashed his fingers in a large metal door... (Nate recovered quickly ~ he liked the school nurse and told her that she was pretty... Flirt.)

We entered the cafeteria to find that the air conditioning was not working, it was 90 degrees!

The kid sitting next to Gracie took a few bites of his food and then promptly threw up on his plate.

The little boy next to me said that he was sad because his dog died.  I told him that I was sorry and asked how long ago the dog died?  He replied "0h, 4 years ago".

Lunch ended when right behind me, a cafeteria worker blew a whistle to quiet down the kids and announce that lunch was over... It was SO LOUD ~ I nearly jumped out of my skin.


Goodbye Gracie

Nate just had to pose next to this motorcycle in the parking lot.

During dinner Donnie asked her how her lunch with Mama and Nate was.
Gracie told her Daddy that it was the Greatest Lunch Ever!

I cant wait to see what's on the menu for next week!

Comments

Shannon said…
I think it is so awesome that you were able to go to lunch with Gracie and her classmates! It looks like she is rockin' Kindergarten. I am so proud of her!

p.s. I can't look at Nate without smiling. He is SO cute!
paperlili said…
Loraine...super cute...but should I be worried that Ainsley is not in line??? Where the heck is she?? Lol. No seriously...where is my kid.
Mardean said…
The lunch at kindergarten sounds truly exciting,Gracie looks like she loves every minute of showing off her brother and mom. Good for you that you join the lunch fun!

Popular Posts