Stepping Up

This morning Gracie participated in a "Stepping Up" ceremony at her new elementary school.

It's a tradition at the school, at the end of each year they have an assembly where each class takes a pledge and steps up to the next level.  At the end of the ceremony the entire school welcomes in the new Kindergartners as they carry the school banner into the assembly.  There were about 700 people at the assembly, loud music and lots of cheering.  

Gracie was completely overwhelmed.  When it was over, as we were getting in the car she looked at me, started crying and said, "Mama, I don't want to go to this big school, I want to go back to my little school."  I looked at her, started crying and said, "me too."

The kids recited a pledge, promising to be good kindergartners, work hard at math, etc.

A short time after we got home, I found Gracie in her nightgown passed out on the floor in my bedroom.  It was only 2:00 in the afternoon.   

Meanwhile, SuperNate was practicing his flying skills in the living room wearing Gracie's Snow White gown, pink cape and his Mickey Mouse helmet.

Comments

Popular Posts