Veteran's Day

Last Tuesday, we celebrated the freedom given to us by our brave Veteran's by enjoying the beautiful Fall Day at the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park.

ry=400
Gracie was only 13 months old last time we went to the Railroad Park in March of 2004. This has always been one of my favorite pictures of our blue eyed baby girl.

DSC_0246
Nate LOVED having big boy Josh with us! They took turns wrestling, chasing and tackling each other on the grass.

IMG_0624
Josh, Ella, Sophie Mae and Gracie Mae

DSC_0259
The girls got in on the tackling action too!

IMG_0637
Tickets to ride the train were only a dollar!

IMG_0641
The original plan for today was to visit the Phoenix Zoo.  I'm so glad we decided to go with Plan B.

IMG_0673
Big Cheesy Grins.

DSC_0374
Josh and Gracie have known each other since they were toddlers.

DSC_0393-1
The park has terrific train displays... the kids were entranced by them.


IMG_0691
Our day ended with my favorite moment of the day... watching a Veterean sing God Bless America while accompanied by the 108th Army Band.

Comments

Mardean said…
Our mug with Gracie's picture, "Gracie blue eyes" is sitting right next to me, I love that picture too! It's on my refrigerator as well. However, the picture of Nathan, the third picture on this blog page could be called "Nathan, Mr. Brown eyes" just like his Mom's. I was the first person who said Nathan would have brown eyes just like Loraine. No one could convince me that either Loraine or Nathan would have any other color than brown. Just like we all knew Gracie would not have any other color than blue. I am so glad you had a great day with Gracie, Nathan, Josh and Sophie Mae, they looked like they were enjoying their day too.
I love you! MOM
Sandy said…
THAT is the Gracie image in my mind and heart!!! I can still see and hear her and Mady running around our house giggling!!!

Popular Posts