Birthday Cake for Breakfast

The kids were all in agreement that chocolate ice cream cake made a very healthy and well balanced breakfast.  

My proudest moment of the day came after almost everyone had gone home. Gracie asked me "Mom, why didn't I get any presents?"  I explained to Gracie that this year was a special year for her to be thankful for all of the love that she has from her friends and family and the fun of a special morning all about her.  She said "ok, you're right I have everything I need", turned around gave me a hug and ran outside to play.

It was not exactly the party that we had planned to give her for her 5th birthday.  My injury prevented me from doing that.  But somehow, it was even better then anything we could have ever planned, because it was about love, friends that will be there for you at the last minute and ice cream cake for breakfast.



Comments

Popular Posts